Hilton Head Island is known for tourism and beaches, but it also has a top notch dining scene. Visitors to the island are in for a delicious treat, with its diverse range of dining options and coastal cuisine. Whether you’re craving a perfectly-cooked steak, fresh seafood, wood-fired pizza, or casual fare, Hilton Head has it all. In this post, we’ll explore eight must-try restaurants that capture the essence of Hilton Head’s dining offerings.
- Nick’s Steak and Seafood: Nick’s Steak and Seafood is a Hilton Head institution, offering top-notch steaks and seafood in an elegant yet relaxed setting. Whether you’re savoring a perfectly cooked filet mignon or indulging in fresh Atlantic salmon, you’re in for a delicious meal at Nick’s.
- Up the Creek Pub & Grill: Situated along the beautiful Broad Creek, Up the Creek Pub & Grill combines breathtaking waterfront views with a diverse menu. From locally sourced seafood to hearty pub fare like burgers and seafood baskets, this waterfront gem offers something for everyone.
- Local Pie Wood-Fired Pizza: Pizza lovers, rejoice! Local Pie Wood-Fired Pizza is your go-to spot for artisanal, wood-fired pizzas with a great selection of gourmet toppings. The casual atmosphere and craft beer list make it a hit with families and friends looking for a delicious, laid-back dining experience.
- Reilley’s Grill & Bar: If you’re looking for a lively atmosphere and a menu that includes everything from mussels to Cottage Pie, Reilley’s Grill & Bar is the place to be. With live music and a spacious outdoor patio, it’s perfect for those seeking a fun night out.
- Fishcamp on 11th Street and Fishcamp on Broad Creek: Both of these Fishcamp locations capture the essence of low country dining with their seafood-centric menus. Enjoy classics like Southern fried shrimp, flounder, oysters, or scallops, or try something with local flavor like the Daufuskie Blue Crab Cake. The Broad Creek location offers beautiful water views, perfect for a romantic dinner.
- The Sea Shack: The Sea Shack is a hidden gem on Hilton Head Island. It’s an unassuming, no-frills seafood joint known for its outstanding fresh fish dishes, like their grilled, fried, or blackened platters. The seafood is incredibly fresh, and the down-to-earth, family-friendly vibe is hard to beat.
- Slapfish: Slapfish offers casual coastal seafood with a twist. From lobster rolls to shrimp burritos, this restaurant adds a modern flair to traditional seafood dishes. The “boat-to-plate” philosophy ensures the freshest catches on your plate.
- FISH Casual Coastal Seafood: FISH is known for its sustainable, locally sourced seafood and a relaxed coastal atmosphere. Their menu features classics like crab cakes and shrimp and grits, along with seafood pots like their Lowcountry Boil. With so many fresh options to choose from, it’s a top choice for seafood enthusiasts.
Whether you’re a foodie looking for culinary adventures, or a traveler seeking a memorable meal, Hilton Head’s dining scene has you covered. Each of these restaurants offers a unique taste of the island’s flavors, from fine dining experiences to casual, family-friendly settings. So, when you visit Hilton Head, make sure to explore these must-try restaurants to savor the island’s culinary offerings.