Don’t let the rain wash out your vacation! We have some ideas to make your stay fun and memorable – rain or shine.
- No lightning? Put on that poncho and hit the beach! The surf can be amazing during a storm, and you won’t be the only one out there. This is a good time to catch a glimpse of our local surfers.
- Hit up The Coastal Discovery Museum. There is so much to see and learn about the lowcountry, and this is the place to do it. You’re actually missing out if you don’t go here (rain or shine). Ask about their special programs while you’re there!
- Tap into your creative side and make yourself a souvenir at The Art Cáfe! All ages can paint. Go early in your stay, as it takes a few days to fire your masterpiece. When it’s ready, grab the final piece on your way out of town. Grab an umbrella too – you may want to walk around Coligny Plaza after!
- Stop by The Sandbox. Not the big sandbox on the coast that you planned to play in, but the interactive children’s museum. Your little ones will enjoy this sweet place.
- Beer. Did you know that Hilton Head has its own Brewery at Hilton Head Brewing Company? Check out the Brewery or the Pub!
- Knock out your souvenir shopping. Use the wet time wisely and go grab those t-shirts. You know you aren’t going to waste a precious moment once the sun comes out! Plus, shopping is always a good idea. Both Coligny and the Tanger Outlets have covered walkways.
- Time to sample some of Hilton Head’s best food. For a local favorite pizza place, check out Mellow Mushroom and make your own pizza with a bold combination of toppings. Looking for Mexican? Try Aunt Chiladas and enjoy some tex-mex and Mexican cuisine along with happy hour specials.
- Go to the Movies. Park Plaza Cinema offers you your own personal recliner and serves a full food menu, beer, wine, coffee, and ice cream.
- Have some family time. Puzzles, board games, charades! Chances are, your resort may have games you can borrow. Hit the grocery store and prepare a meal together. Play cards or maybe – just enjoy the rain. Unplug, read a book, and relax. The rain never lasts long on Hilton Head!